Last night, I had 2 posts ready to post ✍️π» … but Blogger was on the fritz & uploading pictures was impossible πΈ❌; but I was able to get those posts up this morning while drinking my morning joy juice ☕️:
When Holland woke up & looked outside, he said, "heavy smoke cloud" … so, I went online π» to see where it was blowing over us, from π§ - and my heart was pained to read the location π²π
I have not done the recorded 5-Day Hike (my lungs would never be able to do it) … but I have done 88% of the hike piece-by-piece πΆ♀️π₯Ύ, when Bob would drive me ❤️ to the Mountain I love - he even did a few pieces of the Wonderland Trail π£ with me π
Bob & I hiked the Wonderland Trail in 2014, from my favorite haunt - Box Canyon. The trail was steep, but my lungs held up and sheer will-power transmitted to our legs & kept us moving forward π
Bob planned a surprise drive to Mowich Lake in 2016 - and that primitive hike was the most strenuous we'd ever done! But, it was also very beautiful & forever etched in my mind. It was a long drive, a steep climb, and a very loving thing my husband did for me … and with me π₯°
I recognize so much of this YouTube π️; and I can even mentally see Bob π§ π walking ahead of me on the portions he walked with me.
Even though everything I am reading tells me that the wildfire is in the "Wonderland Complex" region: I am praying that the wildfire did not damage ANY of these beautiful scenic areas; I am hoping it started & stayed in wilderness regions π₯ off the beaten trails π
{{West Fork Fire – Mount Rainier National Forest, WA
The West Fork Fire is currently the largest of five active wildfires in Mount Rainier National Park, burning about 306 acres with roughly 17% containment, and is part of the “Wonderland Complex” of fires in the White River drainage.
Location: Southeast of Sluiskin Mountain, within the West Fork of the White River drainage, part of the Wonderland Complex with the Sluiskin, White River, and Garda Falls fires.
Discovery: First reported August 23, 2026
Current Status: Size: ~306 acres (about 232 football fields)
Containment: 17% as of early September 2026
Cause: Not yet reported
Activity: Fire crews have been conducting aerial reconnaissance, water drops to cool the fire edge, and tree felling to protect perimeters. Spotting (embers igniting new fires) has occurred to the southwest, and a rappel crew had to disengage from the Garda Falls Fire due to a spot fire from the West Fork.
Firefighting Efforts: Crews are holding established lines and performing initial attack operations.
Park Closures & Access: Wonderland Trail and Grand Park area trails remain closed due to the Wonderland Complex fires. White River Road and Sunrise Road closured to vehicles; some recreational sections reopened for limited access on Sept. 5, but backcountry camps in the Grand Park area remain closed. The White River Wilderness Information Center is open; White River Campground is open only to those with wilderness permits.
https://www.nps.gov/mora/learn/news/fire.htm }}
I redirected my thoughts π€ from the present wildfire drama … and buried my nose in the pages of a scorching Cussler-Fargo Medieval drama π, that tinges present Days, with it's own unfolding drama that craftily blends then with the now π









No comments:
Post a Comment