God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, August 10, 2023

BUFFALO-WY~Sick Pup

August 9th: Poor Bleu was not feeling very well this morning - his stomach was seriously upset, and he had me running in and out of the house for a 24-hour cycle. I hadn't slept at all - so, when he messed his kennel, I did not handle it well :-(

I was not feeling well myself; being sleep-deprived. The kennel had to be totally cleaned, and his new fleece was trash. Gillette-WY had been having back-to-back raining thunderstorms … and the doors had to be wide open to clear the air in the RV.

And Bleu was keeping me hopping with continual potty runs between clean-up.

It was 4:30 A.M.

By now, Holland was thoroughly awake also; and wisely kept his counsel while watching (and listening to) his whirling dervish/Tasmanian devil wife.

I was so tired.

I was trying not to hurl.

I was concerned about Holland sitting next to the open door, breathing and feeling the wet and chill air with his weak lungs (he declined to go back to bed - where he'd be warm and toasty).

I got messy cleaning up Bleu's mess; I had to throw my pj's in the washer/dryer before we pulled stakes: that would eat up 2 hours.

I kept thinking of everything I still had to do before we pulled stakes.

The night before, we had set our phone's to go off at 6 A.M., planning to be on the road by 9 A.M.: we barely made it out of the Crazy Woman RV Park by noon.

Bleu's stomach was still queasy, and I prayed he would not mess up the backseat area of the 4x.

I was still out of sorts (having been up a straight 30+ hours by now), and Holland said, "Why don't you kick back, relax, and try to get some shut-eye, Baby - you were up and down, all night, and you had a rough morning. It'll be at least an hour until we reach Buffalo."

Buffalo-WY from Gillette-WY; 1 hr 3 min (69.7 mi) via I-90 W

I wish I could have! But I was too wound up to sleep.

Holland reached for my hand over the center console, and I apologized for my mean mood. He smiled and blew me a kiss - and everything was alright in our corner of the world, again ;-)

We stopped at a Rest Area along the way - Holland walked Bleu, and I walked around reading the plaques:

Powder River Plaque; I've never heard of these fish … so I researched them, later.
Stonecat.
Flathead Chub.
Sturgeon Chub.
Longnose Dace.
Shovelnose Sturgeon.
Channel Catfish.
Goldeneye.
Life along the Powder River.

When we reached Buffalo, Holland pulled into the first RV Park we saw; paid for a night's stay, and we set up the RV.

Wyoming landscape is … different.
Buffalo-WY Plaque
Holland was surprised at how much Buffalo has grown in population, since he was last through here.
We'll be at Deer Park Campground until Saturday afternoon; it's a very nice Park.
Deer Park Campground:
(#146 Hwy. 16 East, Buffalo, WY 82834)
A little humor to end the Day, posted above the RV's microwave; in seriousness - all of this end of Wyoming revolves around the Crazy Woman Creek.
Crazy Woman Creek legend:
(https://www.hmdb.org/m.asp?m=225247)

Then we took a 3-hour nap (Bleu slept too, thank God) … and was balanced and refreshed when we woke :-)

Then, we drove into town to grab a BBQ Rib meal :-)

Tomorrow we'll go sight-seeing …

No comments:

Post a Comment