God Knew That I Needed You

Friday, August 11, 2023

DEVIL'S TOWER~WY

Holland planned the whole day today around the Devils Tower, and Sundance … 2 things on my Bucket List :-)

We were up bright and early: on the road by 9 AM … and back home by 3 PM

I drove to Moorcroft, then Holland took the wheel and I was glad: 80 mph is too fast for the curves on that freeway - and local drivers are just plain rude.

But, the day was beautiful with wonderful summer weather; and we enjoyed ourselves to the max with our adventuring :-)

Spent some time dolling myself up this morning ;-)
Ready to roll; I bought this top 3 years ago - first time I've worn it was today; Holland likes :-)
A backroads kinda Day - at least 50-50.
Moorcroft-WY from Buffalo-WY; 1 hr 24 min (98.8 mi) via I-90 E
Moorcroft Rest Area - just off the freeway; Bleu relieved himself, and Holland and I walked the kinks out while reading the Historical Markers.
Texas Trail Marker; Moorcroft Rest Area-WY.
Texas Trail~WY:
(http://www.wyomingtalesandtrails.com/cattle.html)
Wyoming landscape changes every couple miles - always different.
And there it is - the towering tower dominates the landscape in this region of Wyoming.
The closer we get, the more awe-inspiring it becomes.
Richard Dreyfuss builds the Devils Tower from a vision he can't shake, in the 1977 movie, 'Encounters of the Third Kind'.
Devils Tower Trading Post is at the Monument's Entrance - YES, we stopped and I bought 'mementoes' ;-)
So glad I finally got here.
Adventuring off the beaten track for a 'vantage viewing' ;-)
A different viewing angle.
Holland meant it when he promised me some 'backroad experiences' :-)
Buzzsaw Horse flies. LOL
I'm standing at the base of this thing, on one of the hiking trails around it.
Devils TowerWY-110, Devils Tower, WY
A topside view of Devils Tower taken by a drone; internet surfing picture.
Devils Tower-WY from Moorcroft-WY; 34 min (32.1 mi) via US-14 E
I LOVE MY GUYS! Bleu's tummy has settled down, and Holland wasn't hurting too bad today. Elohim is favoring us today :-)
Leaving the Park, these Prairie Dogs caught my attention with their antics.
Next stop … a Buffalo Burger; then on to Sundance-WY
James Taylor - 'How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You' song:
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSQdRz-HlJw)
Leaving Devil's Tower - and turning left.
Hmm - that's {it}; in-and-out in the blink of an eye. The town is named after the Sun Dance ceremony practiced by several American Indian tribes:
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Dance)
We can scratch Sundance off as 'done' 
Holland says a LOT has changed in Wyoming since he was last through here.
Buffalo-WY from Devils Tower-WY; 2 hr 3 min (130.4 mi) via I-90 W ONE WAY
My Devils Tower memento's: coffee cups, perfume, magnet, & a tee.

The entire Day was a true blessing, from start to finish.

Tomorrow morning, we pull stakes and start for Cody-WY.

No comments:

Post a Comment