God Knew That I Needed You

Monday, September 11, 2023

BABY GENERATOR MAKES HOME COMFORTABLE ~Longview-WA

September 4th: Holland's Dr. appointment is tomorrow, so we packed up and moved this morning. When we arrived in Longview, we wanted to try the new generator out, so we pulled into the Wal*Mart off Industrial Way and set up there - there was plenty of room to push the slide-outs out, so that's what we did. We'd only be there overnight, so it was okay with the store manager.

Holland's friend Tim, and his wife, stopped by to visit a bit with Holland and see the 5th wheel; and baby generator (used for the first time, boondocking in Longview-WA). I like Tim - and would have liked to have met his wife, but I stayed inside with Bleu because the dog frightened his wife: I get that; I was afraid of dogs for a loooong time before my first husband and I got our first one.

Set-up in the 7th Ave., Wal*Mart, Longview-WA; plenty of room to utilize the push-outs ;-)
The Baby Generator works wonderfully - and it's really quiet. BIG BONUS. We slid the generator under the slide-out at bedtime - in case it rained overnight.
We like this :-)

This way of life doesn't appeal to everyone - but it works for us.

We deliberately chose it :-)

And we'll be road gypsies as long as we can be, before setting roots again.

While the visiting was going on during the walk-around outside, I got busy designing and working up a new kitchen towel set. The ones currently in use are okay - but they are getting thin in places where the yarn is wearing with use.

Plus … I want new towels to represent my New Life with my new Husband. So, I am designing new towels using hem stitches that are more masculine in appearance, than the stitches I started using after becoming a widow.

Holland is appreciative ;-)

I got busy on working up some new Kitchen Towel Sets - current ones are getting worn.
'Bamboo St.' hemline; there's a man in the house, now ~ frou-frou won't work, anymore. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment