God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, September 24, 2023

SICK DAY

I have been under the weather for a few days, now.

I woke up in a sweat this afternoon - so, I think the worst is over, and I'm on the mend.

But as a precautionary measure, I am avoiding close interactions with everyone except my husband … who still insists on getting close to me saying, "A kiss and a cuddle with you is worth risking a sneeze or two" ;-)

Makings of a healthy Toddy; the alcohol will clear mucus by dilating blood vessels in the upper body. Steam from the hot water will also help to clear congestion. Whiskey causes drowsiness, helping you to get more rest.

I had kept Holland up most of the night with coughing, sniffling's, and constant movement; so he took a short nap when I woke up.

While he napped, I finished up a current project … and worked on a new one :-)

Finished a 2-tone dishrag.
Made a hot mat coaster for my mug; ch 2 & work in rounds (inc every few sts to make a smooth circle shape); end 40 sc & trim as desired.
Happy with the results ;-)

It's still raining steadily here, so I'm thinking I'll be turning in early again tonight - with a red wine toddy, and reading a book until I drift off.

6 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope you are feeling better now. It sounds like a productive day despite being sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon. I love your coaster. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you were sick, but I do love your crochet projects.

    ReplyDelete