God Knew That I Needed You

Wednesday, September 27, 2023

VIGILANT & AWARE

We are vigilant about leaving for Arizona in a couple days; yesterday afternoon, we finally got the oil in Betsy changed; but we had to drive to Longview to accomplish that … everywhere between here and Astoria-OR claims to be "busy for the next 6 weeks." Hmm

I've not been feeling very well for the past week - and I think Holland is not doing well either: he's been sneezing and sleeping most mornings away. He has trouble sleeping anyway, so I don't wake him; if he wants to sleep until 10 or 11 A.M., that's fine with me: we are retired, there's no big hurry to get up at 6 A.M.

And I make Bleu be quiet too.

'Home'.

Holland is literally an answer to prayer: he completes my life as it is now, to the end of my life. 

My Guy; home wouldn't be Home without him.

Holland is my 2nd husband, and I will share the rest of my life with him; it won't be 44 years - like I had with Bob, but by the grace of Elohim it will be at least half of that.

It's been raining steadily here. The sun should come out and dry things up around Friday, but for now, the rain is falling. When I let Bleu out this morning, I ignored the rain and did think to myself as I stood in the open doorway, that even though I am eagerly waiting for us to hook Independence to Betsy and head for the warmth and change of scenery of Arizona's desert … I will miss the forests of WA State.

But I wouldn't miss the forest enough to forego Arizona ;-)

This I WILL miss when we leave WA for AZ - not the rain, but the towering evergreens.

After Holland got up and drank his coffee, we left for Longview.

Family unity; the 'Redmill Three'.

The oil was changed, windshield wipers were switched out … and I suggested lunch at the El Tapatio mexican restaurant, in Rainier-OR after we checked our mail; we won't be back this way again until March 2024. As soon as I walked through the door I took in the surroundings and said, "Oh … I forgot about this - the mexican celebration of the dead. Sorry." There were hanging skeletons, gauzing ghosts, dancing black-shrouded cadavers … all dangling from the ceiling in every room; and an alter in the back with skulls, candles, and cards spread across it.

Day of the Dead = Dia De Los Muertos: (https://www.history.com/topics/halloween/day-of-the-dead)

We stayed and ate.

Holland likes mexican food, and this place has good food; we don't have to agree with pagan mindsets to enjoy ethnic foods.

We prayed over our food, and ate.

This margarita was a pretty bitter one; I'll try the Blue Pineapple Margarita next time … it sounds interesting, and pineapple is good for the body.
We both ordered this - it sounded interesting.
WOW! That is a LOT of food! And I was thankful for the tongue-cooling effect of the margarita, while eating the spicy-hot chicken wings. Half of my platter was boxed up.
We shared the Fried Ice Cream - YUMMY!
The price was reasonable - considering the HUGE platter portions.

After we finished eating, we drove over to Kelso to grab a couple cases of bottled water, and I laughed out loud when I  saw this leaning sight as we drove Industrial Way, on our way home (we drove home the Oregon side of the river):

I was thinking of cinnamon whiskey when I saw the Brand Name, but Holland knows vehicles and gave me background information on the 1970's RV.

We got home as the sun set on the horizon.

Bleu and Holland both hit the sack early, but I stayed up a bit longer and worked on another towel - this one in Holiday colors; and vigilantly prayed we all stay healthy enough to get us from WA to AZ without any more delays.

Start of another 'Chef's Towel'; Holiday colors will bring color to the desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment