God Knew That I Needed You

Saturday, October 14, 2023

MOD CROCHET RUBBER THONGS TOE POST COVER

My rubber thongs are seriously worn down, but we've been on the road and I haven't been able to find the time to get new ones made up: I had bought four new pair, along with a spool of crochet thread, months ago - and this afternoon, I was finally able to get to them :-)

This is my own design: I first did this in 2017 … and first posted this 'on-the-fly' pattern to the Blog I had, in July of 2018.

I crocheted around the toe post of the new thongs with lightweight merchandized cotton thread to keep my inner toe skin from getting blistered. It didn’t need it to be fancy … just comfortable :-D

There is no pattern; I just got busy ;-)

But if you want to do something similar to your thongs, all you need is Size #10 Mercerized Cotton Thread, & a very small headed crochet hook. Gently pull the toe post out of the thong base. Make a chain to go around the thong post – join to encircle post and work in rounds to the upper straps, then crochet a chain long enough to reach around the strap, join to the beginning strap chain and sl st across the front of the post to the other strap and repeat. End off and weave thread in neatly. Gently push thong toe post back into place.

Begin the thread covering.
Weave in the loose thread.
Ta-da!

Repeat for second thong.

That’s it!

Easy peasy ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Great idea! I will give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in for a quick "hi" :-)

      Have a funtastic weekend!

      Delete
  2. Such a great idea, anything to make these more comfy and I'm in! This is a feature over at Handmade Monday :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you dropped in - and glad you like the idea; it really does help ;-)

      Have a funatastic week ahead!

      Delete