God Knew That I Needed You

Friday, December 22, 2023

ARIZONA WINTER STORM~2023

John Hiatt - 'Feels Like Rain' song: 
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf0eB2zZHiY)

Went to sleep last night, nestled all snug in the bed … and woke up, with the sound of raindrops dancing in our heads, this morning 😉

We haven't heard the sound of steady rain (just a quick 5-minute-splattering ONCE) since leaving WA, months ago. I lay there for a while this morning, just listening and smiling, before Bleu's "Get up now, MOM!" humphing, finally got me up and after a cup of morning joy juice 😊

Yesterday's Sunrise; this morning's rain shower.

Holland has been watching the news, and says LA got 5-inches of rain dropped on them, and a freak winter storm 😳 brought flooding to Florida: a drive to Texas is in our near future, with Florida thrown in, too - so, while I do like the sound of raindrops dancing across the roof, and it's raining steadily here (LA's storm cloud is passing overhead): I don't mind - just as long as it's gone before we pull stakes and head down the highway 🙏

Freak Winter Storm blows into Florida: https://www.orlandosentinel.com/2023/12/17/powerful-winter-storm-brings-flooding-high-winds-to-florida/

Rain soaks Southern California: https://www.dailynews.com/2023/12/21/rain-soaks-southern-california-but-storm-appears-to-be-weakening/

Winter storm bringing rain, snow to Arizona: https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/winter-storm-bringing-rain-snow-to-arizona-several-weather-alerts-issued

While my husband slept the early morning hours away (my night owl didn't get to bed until 3 AM), Bleu and I listened to the rain … and I worked on some Angel Baby Blankets, which I hope to get finished and shipped out before we leave here for Texas ;-)

I finished the picot edging, on this Angel Baby Blanket.
Bleu.
AZ rainfall ;-)
I worked on this Angel Baby Blanket, while watching a vintage Shelley Winters movie … and glancing out the window, at the heavy rain clouds over the mexican border.


No comments:

Post a Comment