God Knew That I Needed You

Monday, March 4, 2024

FULL BODY WORKOUT~My Senior Exercise Plan; #11/Long Beach-WA


It's raining cats and dogs here at the moment; but at some point the sun will prevail along our journey, and I want to be fit and ready :-)

All of the exercises I choose to do are relatively easy on an aging body: I marked my 67th year on earth in December, and I have physical limitations - such as asthma and scoliosis. But I have been fortunate enough, by the grace of Elohim, to live a full and active life without undue complications - the asthma can get a bit dicey at times, but the spinal curvature (I only found out about this condition a decade ago, when an X-ray showed it) isn't painful, crippling, or deformative in any way.

All that said, I enjoy my exercise time, and do what I do with my body, thoughtfully.

So, I'm in my she-cave-room, working muscles and burning off calories …

Stepper & weights, today …

Steppers provide a full-body workout; they can also strengthen and tone muscles in your lower body, including your calves, quads, hamstrings, and glutes.

A stronger lower body, which you get from consistent use of a stepper, will make heavy lifting, running, and other forms of activity easier.

And toning your upper body with weights will strengthen the muscles needed to live a full, enjoyable, functioning body - allowing you to age gracefully.

10 Minute Tone Your ARM Workout With WEIGHTS | Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVO_Zre2Tbg

Still in the safe zone … I'll bump up to 8-lb. weights, next time; I hardly felt "the burn" with the 5's.

Also, warmer weather (please, God!) is only a few short weeks away, so I added back exercises to my toning repertoire: I like to wear sleeveless tops when the heat is up - and will do that as long as I am able to pull it off ;-)

Sleeveless summers = toned and shapely arms; June & July, 2023.

[8 minutes] beautiful back and posture! Back training that can be done while standing: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7CePwR5-k)



*BELLY FAT EXERCISES~My Senior Exercise Plan 2024; #10/Long Beach-WA 
https://roadgypsiesvalandholland.blogspot.com/2024/02/belly-fat-exercisesmy-senior-exercise.html

No comments:

Post a Comment