God Knew That I Needed You

Wednesday, March 6, 2024

MYSTIC VIBES~Long Beach Peninsula-WA


We were both up early this morning, checking the final early morning Super Tuesday results: we liked what we found out, and we stayed clear of hot potato topics. We enjoyed our morning coffee in relative high spirits, and a peaceful atmosphere :-)

Holland got a text informing him of Bleu's settling in, in Kelso.

And I started work on an ABB for a winged boy …

Morning delegate line-up …
Jonny Nash - 'I Can See Clearly Now' | The Midnight Special:  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSxAnE_93jI)
Bleu's been neutered, nail clipped, chipped, collared, and medicated with pain relievers.
This morning's ABB for a boy; MOD 15-in.

Around 3 PM, Holland lured me away from my busy work activity, to spend some kick-back time enjoying the beach with him ;-)

The day was chilly.

The sky was heavy with gray clouds.

The sun hung like a mystic orb in the stormy sky.

The air was scented with a misty sea salt aroma.

The truck cab was filled with gentle, country music (Tracy Byrd & Mark Chestnut) driving up the beach … and Holland's big hair rock music, on the way back home.

I saw a big bird standing on the sand near the waves - it was too big and plump to be a seagull, and too small to be a goose: on closer inspection, I saw that it was an eagle.

Eagles were e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e. along the beachway :-)

I spotted what looked like a lighthouse in the distance; but I knew there was no lighthouse at that end of the peninsula, besides, the structure was too small to be a lighthouse - and silhouetted against the angry gray clouds looking so out of place, mystic vibes seemed to emanate from it … so, we drove up the beach to check the structure out - I was in for a big surprise when I climbed the dunes to get a better picture of the whole tower!

Van Morrison - 'Into The Mystic' song: 
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ59spYH9mk&t=1s)

Holland lured me to the beach - I spotted a Boomerang cloud; Ocean Park-WA
Long Beach-WA to Ocean Park-WA; 13 min (9.7 mi) via WA-103 N Pacific Ave
And an eagle!
Holland carefully creeped up on the second one, so I could get a good shot of it ;-)~Oysterville-WA
Bald-headed Eagle; Oysterville-WA
Long Beach-WA to Oysterville-WA; 22 min (15.0 mi) via WA-103 N Pacific Ave and Sandridge Rd
Leadbetter Tower; Leadbettter-WA
The Tower: 
(https://www.chinookobserver.com/life/the-art-at-the-top-of-the-tower/article_690458c0-f809-5375-ba55-f0a032731450.html)
Leadbetter Farms, Long Beach WA: 
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vclYUyhmPg & https://www.chinookobserver.com/news/local/thumbs-down-for-leadbetter-rule-changes/article_2c961806-e84b-5412-b5ab-8c385ac46db5.html)
Long Beach-WA to Leadbetter Beach-WAMAP Long Beach-WA to Leadbetter Beach-WA; 27 min (18.1 mi) via WA-103 N Pacific Ave and Sandridge Rd
Eagles.
Cloud-shrouded sun & Bald-headed Eagle on the beach; Leadbetter-WA

The chilly air smelled refreshingly briny, and I laughingly said, "The air smells like razor clams!"

The Day was fun, and we greatly enjoyed ourselves; I was glad Holland lured me out of the house, and into the mystic vibes of a cloudy beach day ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Awe, Blue is so cute and he looks so high in that pic. Those are some great pics Val. What a day.
    As always thanks for virtually taking me with you guys. Lol
    And thanks bunches for sharing this with Sweet Tea & Friends this month sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-)

      Thanks for stopping by Paula - have a funtastic week ahead!

      Delete