God Knew That I Needed You

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

NEW DIRECTION; Woodland-WA



We are working at taking our Life in a new direction … kinda on the same path, but with a little twist :-D

Holland has been talking about "getting a job", for a while: he isn't the kind of guy who likes to sit on his duff watching the grass grow … he needs to be actively working.

He needs to be earning an income; it grates on him that he isn't.

I'd rather he learned to enjoy the "good life" - and he has been trying to do that since we married and started being Road Gypsies. But now, he is adamant … and I am supporting him in his decision.

He has made major adjustments recently for my benefit: it's only fair, and right, that I return the favor. He asked me before we went to bed last night if I was {really okay} with this new direction. I said, "It's all good with me - I'm just visiting no matter what we do; this motel room, this town, this Earth. For me, life happens in the moment. If this is what you have your heart set on, then let's do it. You've done righteous by me - I'll match that effort."

We are charting a new course; I think it will be fun ;-)

I can do this.

I will do this.

Chris Stapleton - 'Starting Over' Lyrics: 
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPk00vcUysQ)

Holland is passionate about getting a job; I am passionate about adventure - and this venture we are embarking upon really does sound like a lot of fun. Profitable fun, too ;-)

A couple years ago as I was spreading my wings and learning to fly Solo Lobo, I asked Elohim for new experiences - and He gave them to me in spades when He placed Holland squarely in my path forward.

Holland has deliberately sought something we can do together & make sure I get my gypsy feet adventures … while someone else pays the tab. And if it dovetails with Elohim's Plan for our Life, we will even be able to pad our Golden Years Nest with a comfortable lining :-)

Yes, it is difficult for me to meet new people; but I'm getting more comfortable in unfamiliar territory. My thought as I drifted off to dreamland last night, was that I think this new venture will be very good for Holland - and very good for US, too.

So, this morning, we were up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed by 6 AM; and on the freeway setting his Plan in motion by 7 AM.

We arrived early, so we sat in Betsy's cab and talked more about this exciting venture; and before he went inside, I said, "You got this. You can do this."

Morning humor along the freeway route.
Jubitz Truck Stop-OR from Woodland-WA; 40 min (24.7 mi) via I-5 S
Jubitz Truck Stop; #10210 N Vancouver Way, Portland, OR 97217

I had brought a new Read along, and I started reading it while Holland was doing what he needed to do to get this thing rolling.

While I waited in Jubitz's spacious parking lot (this truck stop is like a trucker's mall!), I also drifted off as the sun's warmth infused Betsy's cab with summer comfort: I snapped awake when the door locked released as Holland finished up and joined me in the cab.

I started a New Read; I like Dean's ODD books - they are threaded with light-hearted humor. Truly.
The Sandman caught up with me, around the 9th Chapter …
He just has to have the Dr. fax back on the tremors. HE'S GOT THIS.
Another waiting game - but, I'm pretty sure he's 'in like Flynn' ;-)

Holland has had these tremors in his hands pretty much all his life, and he's never taken medication for the situation since I've known him; there's no need to do so.

He is an excellent driver: any driving company would be lucky to have him on their team.

We're going to get ahold of his Dr. tomorrow (the tremors are nothing new to her), and hopefully this thing will be settled in the next few days.

We are passionately excited to 'get on down the road!' :-)

2 comments: