2026 is turning out to be a very expensive year ๐ธ
This morning was my final dental visit ๐ … for now; I am wanted back in the dentist chair November 10th: same time, same place. The next visit won't be as spendy, but it will still carry a hefty price.
While my teeth were being worked on, I was hoping that since the hour was so early - I'd be able to kinda doze a bit (I did). I was also praying constantly that Elohim would be merciful ๐ and keep my throat clear of asthma mucus which would catapult me into a coughing fit: He was ๐ … and my body behaved during the entire 2-hr. procedure.
When we got back home, Holland got busy outside; & I checked my FB Page, where several Memories popped up reminding me that today is "Gorgeous Grandma Day". I didn't feel - nor did I look glamorous today, but, I am thankful I have the privilege of being a grandmother; & I am thankful for Elohim's blessings on me, in that regard; even if the situation is hard, given the situation, currently.
Elohim is a faithful God … I may not get to see or spend time with my grandchildren, but that is not His fault. I am truly blessed ❤️, and I never forget my blessings ๐
Krisa, 1990
Alyna, 1995
Briana, 1996
Azariah, 2014
Then, I did a short, inside dumbbell workout, while waiting for the numbness of my mouth to dissipate:
Then, I read a couple chapters of the Clive Cussler novel while I did a couple loads of laundry.
And just as I was finishing chapter 55 … the water dried up & Holland informed me that the Park Manager was informing everyone that there was a water leak and emergency repairs would take 3 hours to complete.
I had a "hand wash only" blouse soaking in the back bathroom sink - it was time to rinse it out. It couldn't stay in the sink for 3 hours. I rinsed it out with 4 bottles of bottled water ๐คจ, hoping all the soap was being flushed from the fibers.
I hung it up, and decided to go for a drive to stem my frustration. This is the 2nd time there has been a big water leak in the Resort. Of course, the pipes are 30 years old - Bob, me, & Alyna were staying at the Paradise Cove RV Park (directly across the overpass, from here), when it this RV Park was designed & layed out, in 1998.
I drove over Delameter Road from Castle Rock - and as I was coming off Woodside Drive, which ties into the Ragland Road & Coal Creek Road junction, in Longview … a mama doe with 3 fawns was standing in the middle of the junction: then an oncoming car spooked them and they bolted, jumping both sides of the road. At one point, as they ran over the hill flanking Betsy's driver side, I honestly thought they might jump into Betsy's truck bed - they were so frightened. They didn't, thank the Lord; but it was a real concern.
I had just pulled into the Willow Grove County Park, when my watch alerted me of an incoming call: Holland.
The water was back on.
So, I turned around and went back home.
It was a nice country drive & a refreshing half hour drive; the drive was not wasted time.
Tomorrow, we drive north on I-5, where Holland will get an injection in his knee that is promoted to be "beneficial" - we'll see. The injection is a Band-Aid, it is not a cure; but right now, in this moment, any relief is a major improvement. We are hopeful. We are thinking he will more than likely have to get a series of shots, every 2 months, for the "benefits" to really kick in: each injection carries a hefty price.



No comments:
Post a Comment