I'm on a roll this month with designing paperback covers ✂️ππ§Άπ
I've mentioned before - in previous posts - how I get bored quickly; well, I also get bored with the same-ole', same ole' … I need constant change: habits, scenery, tasty delights, patterns, ect. Right now, I'm kinds focused on switching out book covers.
I'm reading borrowed books from a friend, and the goal is to get them back to him without cover damages, hence the cover turnovers.
This cover will fit a paperback = 7-1/2" L x 4" W
********************
Materials: Worsted Yarn, in color of choice; small amount of scrap yarn for a length of marker yarn; Sock Yarn, small amount in matching color (or contrast color if desired) #I-9 & #1 aluminum crochet hooks; scissors; tapestry needle; trim of choice (if trim is desired)
Terms used:
MC = main color
CC = contrast color
FR LP = frnt loop
BK LP = back loop
ch = chain
EA = each
EO = end off
rem'g = remaining
rpt = repeat
RS = right side
r = row
sc = single crochet
st = stitch
T = turn
WS = wrong side
x = repeat
With yarn & crochet hook, make a chain of 56
Row 1: T & sc in 9 ch, place marker yarn, sc in next 37 ch, place marker yarn, sc in rem'g 9 sc; ch 1 & T
Row 2: Sc in 9 ch, slide marker up row, sc in next 37 ch, slide marker up row, sc in rem'g 9 sc; ch 1 & T
Row 3: With MC sc in 9 ch, slide marker up row, drop MC & attach CC, carrying MC along backside of work - work this CC pattern *dc in front loop of sc of previous row & sc in back loop of next st*; rpt * to * across 23 sts, place marker yarn, drop CC & pick up MC to sc in rem'g 24 sts … and continue to slide marker up row to mark cover flap 9 sc; ch 1 & T
Row 4: With MC, sc across row - carrying CC along frontside of work, & slide markers up row as you come to them (55)
Rows 5 thru 31: Rpt rows 4 & 5 for pattern; for a length of 7"; checking now and then for length (every book is sized differently, even if quoted measurements are the same). EO
Go back to the beginning of the last row & attach MC … work 1 row of sc. EO
Finishing: With RS facing, fold 10 sts of the flap backward & whipstitch EA end closed - weave in loose ends. Turn flap inward to make a pocket to slip cover edge into. Rpt with other cover flap, in same manner.
Page Marker: With #1 hook & sock yarn; attach yarn in center top of Book Cover, & make a ch of chosen length - attach trim (or not) & back chain to beginning ch. EO and weave in loose ends.

No comments:
Post a Comment