GOD KNEW I NEEDED YOU

Monday, September 28, 2026

NEW~Self Care 2026; Castle Rock-WA


We drove over Delameter & crossed through Coal Creek into Longview this afternoon, to pick up an inhaler prescription for Holland. While there, I grabbed some yarn for crochet half-boot-style house slippers: mornings & evenings are getting nippy as autumn's chill moves in.

Leaving Wal*Mart, Holland nodded across the highway & said, "Let's check that new taco wagon out." I agreed readily - and we were both glad we did.

The wagon master was friendly.

The food was delicious.

LaFavorita Taco Wagon on the Corner of Ocean Beach Hwy &38th Ave., Longview-WA
Something New, for both of us - Quesatacos; reasonably priced for street food.
These pulled beef Quesatacos were SO beefed, & filled with melted mexican cheese~with dipping sauce on the side, similar to the French Au Jus sandwich: YUMMY!

Meals eaten, we then we drove to Willow Grove.

We parked & watched river activity.

Gillnetters were on the river this afternoon; Willow Grove-WA
2 ships waiting to be docked at Longview Port Dock, in town; Willow Grove-WA
The INDIGO LAKE - built in 2015, anchored off Willow Grove in Longview-WA, en route to the Port of Longview; is currently sailing under the flag of Hong Kong.
The rusted hulk of metal, BERGE CATHERINE - reported to have been built in 2020, is anchored off Willow Grove, en route to the Port of Longview; and currently sailing under the flag of Panama.

We discussed wants, needs, & hopes; love is the lynch pin, moving us & our Life, forward.

Holland plans - hence the river rest, this afternoon. The river relaxes him. He plans every move made, so hard and so thoroughly, that he gives himself a raging headache … that eventually gives me a headache if I don't head it off at the Pass.

I'm a spur-of-the moment kinda person: I don't really [plan] my Life … I just let my life unfold, and "go with it"; I roll with whatever happens.

We're learning to be easy on ourselves, easy with each other - and a less aggressive word play towards each other when the Pass looms.

So, while we were sitting, thinking, & discussing options; I said, "Whatever you think we need to do, is what we will do. I mean that; you'll get no argument from me. I can manage with achy joints & months spent indoors cuddling with a heating pad, when I have to: but you need to be able to breathe - if you can't breathe, you have no quality of Life. You need to be able to breathe. And I need you in my Life; you make my heart happy, & you are more important to me than a desert sunset. So, whatever you decide we need to do, is what we will do." He said, "We won't know for at least another month. But what I want to do is to continue doing what we've been doing. And I want to do it with you. If things go in the direction I am hoping, we'll both be happy campers in another State, for years before it has to end."

So.

That's where we are in this moment of time. We may not know what the next new chapter holds - and that’s okay. We’re turning the pages, we’re resilient and free. We’re letting life flow & letting things fall into place as they will. For me, this is how it has always been: no forcing, no pushing, just letting things be how they are.  For Holland, it's a new learning curve; it's a difficult process to experience when a quick outcome, an answer, or a desired resolution is up in the air.

Back home, my fingers turned a couple chapter pages of Clive's novel … and then they started itching to play with my new yarn: so, I let them. New slippers will be on my feet in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment