God Knew That I Needed You

Friday, March 1, 2024

LAZILY OCCUPIED SHABBAT~Long Beach-WA


Aside from putting the DC craziness aside for the next 24-hours, and prayerfully siding with Israel … I basically spent my day being lazily occupied ;-)

Avner Boskey - 'DRY BONES BOOGIE' song: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8Hckm3QQME)

I spent enjoyable hours with my loving husband.


I worked on finishing up a little crochet angel baby blanket that will give comfort to a grieving mother/grieving parents …

MOD crochet Angel Baby Blanket; "Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath" (Matthew 12:11-12).

I ate a light Supper, and watched a movie with a theme based around learning humility:


Regarding Henry movie: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEdSzauA8mI)

And I went to bed early - to lay lazily resting my body, and proxy-experiencing a riveting adventure :-)

300 pg.'s read so far - I should finish it by sundown, tomorrow ;-)

Everyone has a differing outlook on Sabbath observance; for me, the {Sabbath Rest} means to cease from worldly cares (aka; political entanglements, and other such stressors), and worldly job opportunities (work outside the home that garners income).

On the other hand, I do not believe that Elohim commanded us to become religious couch potatoes, wasting time and energy during the Shabbat timeframe. It is a good thing (and Scripture - old & new - prove this out), to set our thoughts on … and pray for … the peace of Israel: Israelites are God's Chosen People, and someday we Messianic Christians will also live in Jerusalem; it behooves us to spend time thinking, praying for, and supporting Israel. It is good to listen to good music that honors Elohim. It is good to do good deeds as we heed His calling upon our lives. It is good to learn/practice humility; watching a movie to that effect, is not a sinful activity, MPO - humility is a characteristic of Yeshua's Life, and something we also experience as we grow in the Ruach's guidance. And most of us have to learn that lesson the hard way. Yeshua's example - and Elohim's Word, are always in my foremost thoughts … I live my life by Yeshua's teachings/example, and Elohim's Word is etched on my heart - keeping me on the straight and narrow; but I also believe it is perfectly acceptable to rest and relax with a stimulating novel on the Sabbath.

This Friday has been a lazily enjoyable Day: I have been blessed in many ways from the beginning to the close of this Friday :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment