GOD KNEW I NEEDED YOU

Saturday, August 8, 2026

PEACE IN THE VALLEY/SHABBAT SHALOM~Self-Care; Castle Rock-WA

This painted picture perfectly [fits]; the air is clearing & breathing is easy, again.

The thick wildfire smoke has thinned, so Holland went into Kelso today - 

The clearest Day we've had in a week; the haze is clearing.

I stayed home & cleaned Independence's surfaces ๐Ÿงผ, and every corner ๐Ÿงน: it needed it, and him being out-of-house if the only chance I get to do deep cleaning.

The houseplants were watered ๐ŸŒฑ; and I spotted another leaf shooting up on the Amaryllis, I bought last November in Coalinga-CA … this will probably be the last watering this plant will get until October, some time. I've never tried to get an Amaryllis to rebloom - so I'm curiously excited about the prospect ๐Ÿง๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜

Amaryllis leaves' 2nd sprouting, since February; I have high hopes for December blossoms.

I even had time to fit a stretching workout ๐Ÿง˜, in; I had been stretching, bending, & reaching overhead, while cleaning … but I wanted to target specific muscle groups. I also included alternate chair assist exercises to match the worksheet rundown:

At 70 (which I will be, in December), the goal of exercising the body is functional strength and mobility, not maximal strength. Support-assist movements improve balance, leg power, and independence while minimizing joint stress. Heavy sumo squats (like those in strength-level standards for women) are not recommended without medical clearance and proper training Strength Level. Bottom line: For a 70-year-old woman, a safe starting point is 10–15 bodyweight sumo squats x1–2 sets … or 10–15 chair squats, x2–3 times per week, progressing slowly as tolerated. Always prioritize form and stop if you feel pain. Key safety points: Form over weight (1) Keep knees tracking over toes, avoid inward collapse, and maintain a neutral spine Pain is a stop signal: If you feel sharp pain in knees, hips, or back, stop and adjust form or reduce load (2) Progress gradually: Increase reps, sets, or weight slowly to allow muscles and joints to adapt. (3) Listen to your body: If you have knee, hip, or back conditions, consult a healthcare provider before starting or increasing intensity.

10–15 reps EA Exercise x1–2 sets
Alternative: Chair Assist Sumo Squat-Raised Heel~Aim for 10-15 EA side x2
Standing Side Leg Lifts~Aim for 10–15 reps EA side x2
Alternative: Chair-Assist Side Lunge~Aim for 10-15 EA side x2
Alternative: Standing Assist Fire Hydrant~Aim for 10-15 EA side x2
Alternative: Chair-assist Butt Kicks~Aim for 10-15 EA leg x2
Alternative: Standing Chair-Assist Ab Abductions~Aim for 10–15 reps EA side x2

After stretching exercises, I thought I'd work up a new broom-handle-cobweb duster; the one I have is still useful, but it is from my previous life … and in this Life, I want to start fresh.

So, I went online to track down a pattern (my old pattern cache is long gone):

CROCHET BROOM HANDLE COBWEB DUSTER: (https://roadgypsiesvalandholland.blogspot.com/2026/08/crochet-broom-handle-cobweb-duster.html)

And, I finished one novel ๐Ÿ“•; and started another ๐Ÿ“– …

New Read; Clive Cussler Novel - love Clive … he's always a good cuddle buddy.

By this time, Holland was pulling in: we caught up on each other's Day ๐Ÿ’ž, ate a light supper ๐Ÿฅฃ, and relaxed.

It's been a good Day; there has been peace in the valley.

Shabbat Eve ✡️☝️ ✝️ was ushered in with peace & contentment: I like that ๐Ÿ˜

6 comments:

  1. Exercising in any form is very beneficial, I've found such an improvement to my mental health since I started running and going to the gym. Thanks for sharing with #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - gotta stay limber to be active. I've always keep my body in motion & the activity keeps me balanced & centered.

      Thanks for popping in - have a funtastic weekend!

      Delete
  2. Shabbat Shalom got me and I had to say hi! My family is Jewish and we are believers in the Jewish Messiah Yeshua (Jesus) I see that you visit several of my blogging friends. We host blog parties together. I would be honored to have you also stop by my blog sometime - Ducks 'n a Row.
    Blessings to you.
    Sinea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ๐Ÿ‘‹ I'm glad you stopped by with a "Hi" - meeting other Messianic Mishpacha always makes my heart happy ๐Ÿ˜

      I have been visiting your Ducks 'n a Row Blog for a while; and have added your "Speak God's Word" Blog to my reading itinerary; I have missed Messianic Fellowship, so I will definitely be popping in there ๐Ÿ˜˜

      So glad you popped in: Elohim Yevarekh Otkha & have a funtastic week ahead!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog post! I really appreciate how clearly you explained the topic and shared practical insights. The information is useful, easy to understand, and valuable for anyone looking to improve their healthcare business. I’ll definitely be exploring your website to learn more about your services and resources.

    ReplyDelete