We drove to Tenino, this morning, to get my partial.
The drive was nice - the partial is nice; but the partial will take some time getting used to. Wearing it has me thinking I will need to change my whole way of eating … and it's a given weight loss will be an unforeseen bonus. My tongue does not know where to go when chewing: so far, thank the Lord, I have not bitten it - as it sought a safe and discreet way to function with food in my mouth. Food in my mouth is the issue: anything but soft, liquidy (is this even an actual word?) type foods gets hung up on the pronged apparatus & will not loosen itself without finger-induced aid (this is not a dignified way to eat, MPO) - I can say this with truthful authority, because we stopped for a chili dog on the way home, and it was a tricky mess. Holland says, "It will get better, Baby": I am not convinced; thankfully we were not that far from home … and we came straight home.
I was told before we left the Dental Center, that if I eat (or drink) anything sugary and sticky - I will immediately have to remove the partial, wash it thoroughly & brush my teeth before replacing it "so decay does not get a foothold" on the teeth supporting the brackets, or along the backside of the teeth - where the partial runs along the back gumline, to strengthen & support the apparatus. I also have to be careful cleaning it because it can be bent - and if it is dropped on a hard surface, it can break.
The good news is that contrary to what I thought … it isn't that intrusive in my mouth & it will keep my teeth in check following the tooth removals … however, the frustration is, that with all the cautions of using it - it can be a bit of a hassle. That said, I am grateful that I still have the majority of my teeth firmly in my mouth; I do not take that blessing for granted. So, with patience I will appreciate the shiny little bit of metal apparatus & wear it every Day; all day, except for when I go to bed at night.
Back home again, I brewed a small pot of flavored coffee - and did a mild cardio workout. My tongue & spirit were grateful for the flavored coffee … and I moved through my exercise sets, with gratitude for my body's willingness to bend to my will without much groaning protest - [Old Arthur] is trying to put a crimp into my fun time, but so far, Yeshua is graciously allowing me to still have the upper hand; in bending and shaping this aging vessel.
Though the Mantis Workout is a low-impact, standing cardio and toning exercise sets, it demands coordination, balance, and shoulder mobility. For seniors, a short 5-minute mobility-focused warm‑up to increase blood flow to muscles and joints, improve range of motion for hips, shoulders, and spine, & enhance stability and reduce fall risk is important. Move slowly: Focus on form over speed; avoid rushing into the Mantis Workout. Stay hydrated: Drink water before and after your warm‑up.
You can do these Warm Up moves before starting the Mantis Workout:
(1) March in place – 1 minute
(2) Side Steps with Arm Circles – 1 minute
(3) Gentle Knee Lifts – 1 minute
(4) Light Bicep Extensions – 1 minute
(5) Balance check – 1 minute
Transition into Mantis: After the warm‑up, you can begin the Mantis Workout with better readiness, stability, and comfort, making the session safer and more effective.
Keep movements deliberate, breathe steadily, and maintain upright posture.
Darebee Mantis Workout is a no‑equipment, standing cardio and toning exercise routine, designed to improve coordination, balance, and muscular endurance. Workout Structure: the sets alternate between standing core work, and arm movements - keeping your spine upright and arms in constant motion. There is no jumping, or heavy weights involved. Rhythm: Ten reps at a time; avoid rushing or wobbling. Benefits: (1) Improves coordination, mobility, and muscular endurance (2) Cross‑trains balance and upper‑body activation (3) Low‑impact, joint‑friendly, and adaptable for all fitness levels (4) Can be done as a standalone session … or as a dynamic warm‑up.
This workout is ideal for those seeking a low‑impact, high‑coordination routine that can be done at home with no equipment.
And that was [it] for today's activities.
Tenino.
Home & workout.
The rest of Day's time was spent in adjustment - to coaxing my mouth to the partial's strangeness.




No comments:
Post a Comment