God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, June 16, 2024

The Heart Is a Rebel~Shavua tov; Woodland-WA


Ouch!

I am suffering a painful shingles breakout right now; it's so painful that even Holland is behaving, so they heal and go away  :-)

The picture posted above is a joke - I have no thoughts of jumping off a roof … but I do wish I could shed my skin and shut my nerve ending down for a few days ;-)


Shingles outbreak started yesterday; too much stressful arguing.

After you've had chickenpox, the virus stays in your body for the rest of your life and may reactivate as shingles late in life: that is what happened to me. My first outbreak was when I was 61 years old. Shingles isn't life-threatening, but it sure can make your life miserable for a couple of weeks :-(

Stress, some medications, and certain health conditions can reactivate the virus and trigger the symptoms of shingles. When shingles occurs more than once, doctors refer to it as recurrent shingles. Recurrent shingles is more common among people with a compromised immune system … and my body fits that bill. I have been under extreme stress this past week - hence the itchy-burning rash holding me hostage at the moment.

Holland had driven to Kelso this morning, and stopped to pick up a few things before kicking his shoes off for the evening: it is raining here and Holland avoids rotten weather because he really can't afford to risk a chest cold, so it was a thoughtful thing he did.

Holland brought a Southwestern Salad home for me; we're not complete enemies yet (& hopefully never will be).

I had my eye exam on the 10th, and was happy to hear that I passed with flying colors like I did this time last year: and again like last year, no new eyewear this year; and I'm working on shedding the extra weight Holland's cooking put on my body, so I can pull that pretty blouse I wore last year on again, this year :-)

I WILL fit my clothes … and wear a happy smile, again. So help me, God.

I am watching a movie tonight that kinda fits our life at the moment, too: we do not have a desperately sick child, but we do have a hot potato situation with Christianity vs a religious cult mentality. Just like the fictional husband in this movie … Elohim will have to bring Holland to his breaking point before Holland will give any credit - or praise - at all, to Elohim for any good or miraculous events in his life.

Only then will things be as they should be.

The Heart Is a Rebel | A Billy Graham Film: 
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfqLBWL09mE)

No comments:

Post a Comment