God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, September 29, 2024

HAPPY HEART~Shavua Tov; Ocean Park-WA



I woke up around 3 AM this morning with a rash on my wrist that had me digging at it with my fingernails … so, off my watch came: it has a metal stud used for closure on the watch band - and I am allergic to metal.

I have to be careful with dairy products; but I have to be especially careful with metal contact on my skin. This can make life very dicey. Eyewear has to fit very precisely on the sides of my face, or skin will come off when I remove them for the evening. I can only wear costume jewelry; some metal in the design is okay, if none of it touches my skin. I cannot wear a wedding ring. I have to be careful with clothing that has metal clasps, zippers, or shank closures - this includes footwear. I have to be careful with soaps, shampoos, makeup, perfumes, and adhesive Band-Aids.

Allergic reaction … metal stud closure: I covered the exposed metal with a piece of electricians tape; Holland suggested this, because the tape matches the band color.

Allergic to Metals? 6 Surprising Places They May Lurk: https://health.clevelandclinic.org/are-you-allergic-to-metals-6-surprising-places-they-may-lurk

I don't think the wrist rash would have been so bad if my immune system had not already been fighting allergic reactions from dairy products, and the toxicity of fast foods fare - another reason I want to cook our meals (I can be sure of what goes into my mouth that will affect my body); we ate fast food for 3 months straight while waiting for Independence to be repaired - healthy food is hard to use, when living in a motel for an extended period of time with an outdated microwave and a very small 'fridge.


I am still suffering itching episodes from that - that have the backs of my thighs pretty scratched up due to the infuriating itch that won't go away until the allergy abates (I do lather up with cortisone crème, but it's only a temporary fix that doesn't last). I was hoping to wear shorts when we get to Yuma-AZ, because it will be 110-degrees when we get there … but I can't wear short if my thighs look like a rabid dog attacked the back of my legs.

I recently found out that I am allergic now, to my asthma inhaler.

There is no cure for angina.

There is no cure for asthma.

There is no cure for dairy allergies.

There is no cure for metal allergies.

My body is a mess from the word "go" :-(

If I didn't trust Elohim with my Life, I'd be an anxious basket case of 24/7/365 worry: and that's no way to live. From the time I wake up, to the time I lay my head down at night … I have to trust what Yeshua did on Calvary's hill for me: Elohim has a Plan for my Life. In Him, and His Word, will I trust.

And apologize to my new husband for "being a lemon".


I'm always cautioning Holland against over-protecting me: I can't let other people's (doctor's, husbands, kids, grandkids, friend's) fears and worries trip me up.


Poor Holland; I did warn him about these things - but I don't think he realized how severe they all are. My allergic reactions have severely limited his life enjoyments, also … recipes that call for butter, milk, cream, and eggs taste different when made with substitutes; he is eating them, and not gripping - but I know his tongue misses the richness in flavor that is gone, now. His heart gets a major workout every time I have a severe asthma flareup. He worries about a possible heart attack in motion, when an angina episode kicks up a fuss. He would have liked to have slid a wedding ring onto the third digit of my left hand when we exchanged vows. He gets frustrated because he doesn't think I take these things serious enough.

I do; but I refuse to live in fear.

June 12, 2022 - Shabbat Mt. St. Helens Outing Post:  (https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2022/06/bobs-mountain-shabbat-mt-st-helens.html)

Life is for living … and I intend to l.i.v.e., for as long as Elohim grants me Life.


This year really put him through {the test} in more ways, than one, because I am a walking time bomb, in more ways than one.

Thankfully he's still hanging around, and wanting to make a go of this marriage that has been very challenging from every angle.


Tonight I made a mac and cheese supper using a 4Patriots packaged meal; and I added to it, as usual ;-)

I will use these meals up, because they are here and they cost quite a bit of $$$ - but once they are gone, I will start cooking from scratch; knowing exactly what (and how much of what) is going into my mouth that will affect  my body.

We bought these meals because we had planned on boondocking more than we have been, and this seemed a logical and wise decision given the plans we held then: when they arrived, I had repackaged all the 4Patriots meals we bought last year into servings for a couple, rather a family; breaking down the packages to fit our needs. But the meals are bland and basic ingredients … so, I jazz them up a bit with flavor, color, and immune-building-nutritional additives.

==My JAZZED-UP 4PATRIOTS MAC & CHEESE SUPPER~serves 2 or 3


Half a packaged 4Patriots Mac & Cheese meal * 1-3/4 c. Water * 1-lb ground Beef * 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, diced * 1/4 Red Onion, sliced * 1 tsp. Cajun Seasoning (recipe at end of directions)

1) In a medium-sized cooking pan, brown the ground beef; remove with slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels to wick fatty grease.

2) Wipe the cooking pan clean, and add onion and red pepper pieces; cook just enough to soften … but not to mushy stage; remove with slotted spoon to the plate holding the draining beef.

Beef & veggies.

3) To the cooking pan, add the water - and bring to a boil. Stir mac and cheese mixture into boiling water; reduce heat to medium, and cook for 15 minutes - stirring frequently.

4Patriots Mac & Cheese
Mac & Cheese Sauce cooking.

4) Add seasoning, beef and veggies to the cheesy sauce, and cook another 5 minutes; remove from heat, and let stand for 2-3 minutes.

Seasoning added.
Tasty ;-)

Homemade Cajun Seasoning: 2 Tbsp. Paprika * 2 Tbsp. Garlic Powder * 2 Tbsp. dried Oregano leaves * 1 Tbsp. Salt (I used a salt substitute) * 1 Tbsp. Onion Powder * 2 tsp. freshly grnd. Black Pepper * 2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper

Cajun Seasoning blend.

Blend well; place in a spice jar.

After Supper, I went online and found a video of the Messianic fellowship I used to attend - I miss this fellowship; but Holland would never consent to going with me, so I haven't been there since November 2023; before we were married. Winter travel is dicey, and Holland flat-out refused to go, in any season.

Rehoboth Messianic Congregation~Ted Pearce Concert:  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFGxo1oJcHM)


Hezbollah confirms its leader Hassan Nasrallah was killed in an Israeli airstrike: 
https://apnews.com/article/lebanon-israel-hezbollah-airstrikes-28-september-2024-c4751957433ff944c4eb06027885a973


But recently, Holland has said he would attend a Messianic fellowship in Yuma-AZ, when we get there: that makes my heart happy :-)


After the video concert ended, I glanced up … and saw a lovely sunset :-)

Lovely sunset; Ocean Bay Mobile & RV Pak, Ocean Park-WA
Elohim's promise ;-)

I have been blessed with a happy heart all week, long.


**Yesterday's Post: 'PEACE IN THE HOME; Ocean Park-WA': (https://roadgypsiesvalandholland.blogspot.com/2024/09/peace-in-home-ocean-park-wa.html)**

No comments:

Post a Comment