God Knew That I Needed You

Tuesday, September 12, 2023

TEAMWORK; CANNING TUNA ~WA Coast

Holland has been talking about canned tuna ever since we've known each other … today, we (together, with David), canned 2 cases :-)

I helped David do this, one evening last summer.

I've never eaten it - the fella's have.

The whole thing is a new experience for me; but Holland is glad to have it, again: canned tuna was on his Bucket List :-)

Tuna canning underway, today …
1 fish (4 fillet pieces) will fill 12 pint jars; I sliced the fillets, and packed them into the jars - about 3 ct./1-in. thick slices.
A quarter of a teaspoon was added to each packed pint; jars lidded & tightly sealed.
Instructions on how to can raw tuna.
The pints are cooked double-layered; top pints in water only halfway up jar.
I'm not sure how I will like the tuna … but I love this man, who is my husband; and I'm glad he will have his canned tuna ;-)
The guys are enthusiastic about the canned fish - it's a new experience for me.
2 cases of canned tuna that will travel the States with us ;-)
Left-over tuna fillet that will be Supper, tomorrow.

And when we finished our Supper, I finished my last MOD Fall themed Kitchen Towel Set.

Our Home is coming together nicely ;-)

MOD 'Desert Sunset' Kitchen Towel Set; Finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment